Friday, January 18, 2008

Feeling Blue

The color of my blog exactly describes my mood lately, blue. Don't know why but I have been depressed lately. Maybe it's the cold weather and short days or maybe it's the holidays, they always remind me of how much debt I have. Or it could be the fact that nothing seems to go right.

1. We have had our house for sale for 5 months, 4 of those with a contingent contract. Yesterday we were informed that the other people can't sell their house and want to release the contract. GREAT, back to square one again. I am really getting fed up with selling this house. Someone please buy it!!

2. My job is really bugging me, the kids at Monroe are really wild and out of control. At Mallinckrodt the kids are good but the teachers are all nuts. Can't win on either account.. At this point, I am not sure if teaching is the right thing for me. Not to brag, but I am too smart for this. I should be doing website design or event planning or public relations or something. Is it too late for a career change?

3. My own children have been disappointing. Justin's grades have fallen especially in math, Hannah has become very willful and disrespectful. Adam has no interest in school. Anyone want to borrow three kids for a while?

4. My personal life has gone down the drain. It seems like all my old friends are gone. As we age, the stress of life and family pulls us away from our friends and that is what has happened with me. Bob and I have long ago given up doing things together so when you also don't have any friends, life gets a little lonely despite how busy and hectic I am. Any old friends who view this, hey where've you been?

I have never been one to like winter and right now I could use the spring. Maybe that's what I need to rejuvenate.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're not the only one who gets the blues, it happens to everyone. At least you have a good job, healhty kids and a nice house, things could be a lot worse. Always look on the bright side. Winter will be over in 3 short months and school will be out in about 5 months, that's not long.
Cheer up.

Anonymous said...

It seems like you have more friends than a lot of people I know. I like the blog of your old high school friends. It would be neat of more old friends got into blogging.

Anonymous said...

ALISON!

I have never been so proud of one of my former students in my life! YOU ARE AN AWESOME WRITER! You are inspiring me to put more on my blog! Give me a call - I have MUCH news! We must do lunch!