Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Customer Service

I have been hassling with the flooring company who installed the carpet in our basement for over 3 weeks now and it has really got me steaming. The salesman brought out three samples of carpet for us to choose from that were in the price range discussed with our contractor who sub contracted the flooring to Borghi Floors. Of the three samples we chose one from a 4in by 4in square. Two days later we were told that color was out of stock, so we choose another color. Four days later we were told that they forgot to put the order in and now it would take a few more days to get ordered and shipped from the manufactuer in Georgia. Then once it arrived there was a three day delay in getting the "best" installer to put it in. It was installed May 5th, but it looked terrible. There was a huge seam showing, adn the carpet itself was stained, yes stained. We complained and the salesmen came back after 3 more days and said yes he would have to re-order more carpet to make up for the stained piece. At this point, we told him we were unsatisfied with the carpet's quality as a whole and we wanted it removed and something different put in its place. The carpet was removed on May 12th but left to sit in the garage because someone from the manufacturer was going to come and inspect so that Borghi Flooring could get their money back. As of yesterday the carpet was still in our garage.

I called Kenny, our salesman again to complain about removing the carpet from the garage. He very rudely told me it couldn't be removed until it was inspected. I told him I wanted it gone today or we would put it out in the trash. At this point this guy starts yelling at me saying if we put it in the trash they will sue us etc. I very calmly told him that I never signed a contract with him, I signed it with our contractor and as of yet we had not paid our contractor for the flooring portion of our remodel and I would not pay if this was not rectified. I also told Kenny that I would never reccommend the company to anyone. He told me he wouldn't want to work with anyone I would reccommend anyway. At this point as he continued to yell, I hung up.

As I was steaming mad, I called Borghi Floors and asked to talk to the owner who I left a message for. He returned my call later and I explained everything that had happened over the course of the last three weeks. All of which he was unaware of. The owner promised to have the carpet removed today and he said "he wanted to make this right." To be honest, I really don't believe that this company will make it right. In fact I am ready to go through another company. AND as of yet we are still unable to use the basement as there is NO carpeting down there, just sub floor.

What was suppossed to be finished within a week is now going on a month, and there is no end in sight! FRUSTRATED does not even cover it.

Needless to say if you live in St. Louis and need flooring, don't go to Borghi!

No comments: