Thursday, May 15, 2008

A Camping We Will Go

Just got back from the 8th grade camping trip. I went with the 8th graders from my school and their teacher to a camping trip at Camp Lakewood in Potosi, MO. It was a blast. We spent 3 days and 2 nights out there this week and the kids had an awesome time. Several of these kids were ones that I had for the last two previous years in my 6th and 7th grade classroom. It was cool to be able to spend this time with them and see how much they have grown and matured.

They experienced all sorts of activities from canoeing to riflery to archery to wall climbing and a zip line. They participated in large group team building challenges and learned how to build a fire. The camp had an interactive campfire for us with songs and skits and ofcourse smores. We braved the rainy weather, the bugs and all the hiking. (I'm exhausted)

I was happy to be home Wednesday night. I thought I would post some fun pics from our adventure.







No comments: