Monday, September 08, 2008

Sick Time

I am taking my first official sick day today. It's a bit earlier than I would've liked but poor Adam has been sick all weekend. He kept saying he had a headache Friday night so I gave him some Tylenol. He didn't really mention it much Saturday morning but I was out running errands and didn't get much of chance to talk to him. Then Saturday night, Bob was working 3-11 and I was working part time at this restaurant that I used to work at before I became a teacher called the Fatted Calf. (I started working there about a month ago just one or two nights a week as a manager, basically to help out the new owners and because my friend Larry was working 55 hours a week and needed some time with his wife and new baby, plus it's a little extra grocery money. And I only work like 10 hours a week.) Any way when I left home at 3:30 he was fine when I returned home at 9pm he was running a 103 degree fever and my in laws who were baby sitting said he had been sleeping most of the evening and hadn't eaten anything. So I thought, FLU< great it's starting already.

So here I am on my first day off school, luckily as teachers we get 10 per year. Took Adam to the doctor and it is strep throat, not the FLU< thank goodness. He still has fever but I am hoping that antibiotics will hurry up and work so I can go to work tomorrow even though he will probably need to go to grandmas.

No comments: