Sunday, August 24, 2008

School Daze

It's been really hectic this last week with the kids starting school Monday, Bob starting his new job and me in my first full week of school. I have been totally exhausted! We had open house at my school Thursday night and except for leaving for an hour to grab some dinner I was at school from 6:45am till 7:30pm. What a long day!

Bob so far is enjoying his new department and the change of scenery. The kids liked school this week and seeing all their friends. Adam wished he could be home schooled so he didn't have to get up so early :)

But, for me it has been hard dealing with my change. I miss the familiar territory of my old school and I miss all the really great friends I had made. Although they have reported how crazy SLPS has been in it's first week, I still wonder if I have made the right decision. With 150 kids in my classes at Buerkle, there is a ton more grading. Plus I feel like I don't know anyone, I haven't even met the whole staff and only know about 1/3 of them by name. I do really like the two ladies that I team teach two of my classes with, one is the speech pathologist the other is a special ed teacher. Both are very young and enthusiastic and we have a good working relationship in the classroom. I also have been getting to know the woman next door who is new to Buerkle and has children about the same ages as mine. We have a lot in common and we have started to depend on each other for information when needed.

Justin is playing football and practicing two nights a week, Hannah is playing fall softball with practice once a week, pitching lessons once a week and double headers on weekends so we have been going non stop!

No comments: