Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Computer glitches, book review and other thoughts

I am still not able to post pictures to my last post and I have come to figure out that it isn't blogger's fault but my computer. For some reason my kids will agree to download everything that pops up when they are on the internet. And due to that reason, whenever I try to upload pics or just whenever it feels like it my a screen pops up on my computer saying there has been an error and it has to re-start internet explorer. This is really frustrating when you are trying to do something creative. I may be able to put my pics into a slide or smile box and post them that way. I only had a couple of pics and didn't feel the need to create one of those but it may be the only way!

Just re-read The Firm by John Grisham. I have been re-reading some books I hadn't read in a really long time this summer and I just finished The Firm and I have to say it really is a great book. I just saw the movie on cable again a couple weeks ago and it gave me the idea to read the book. While the movie is entertaining, it does not do the book justice If you have never actually read the novel I highly recommend it!!

Having a baby shower for my friend Kim this Saturday. Yesterday I spent a couple of hours making these really cute favors for the shower which I did take a pic of but ofcourse can't post. But I will take pics of the shower and post them all in some way this weekend.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Completely agree with you -- book version of "The Firm" is so much better than the movie!

You need to check out Jane Green -- great author and fun, light summer reads. Rereading one of her best (and my favorite), "Jemima J", now.

Alison said...

thanks, always looking for new authors