Friday, April 18, 2008

Is Spring Finally Here?

I think it may be official, Spring has arrived in St. Louis. Now if only the rain would stay away. For those that don't know, we did have flood number three last week. Not quite as bad as the first two but still wet carpet and flooring etc. We did get a bid on fixing the entire problem including re-doing the basement (new carpet, paint, drywall etc) that we can actually live with. So with the help of family and some MAJOR budgeting on our part, we are going to have the basement fixed. And barring any rain, they will start on it today and hopefully be finished by next weekend! YEAH!!!!

I can definitely tell Spring has sprung for my kids, because not a one of them wants to do any school work! Adam asked me today, "Mom, who invented school?" And I was like, "HMM, I don't know?" He goes, "Whoever it was is evil!" I thought, I feel the same ways sometimes. But I said "School is fun, you get to see your friends and learn a lot of new things." He goes, "Whatever, MOM!" I CRACKED up laughing!

Hannah has her first softball game this weekend. Go Boomers!! She's a little nervous because she will have to do some pitching but I know she will be great.

Justin has quickly learned where all his friends in the neighborhood live and he and his buddies have gotten together a Friday night Poker Game. They play with real money but use nickles, dimes and quarters. Each kid has to have $3 to play and that's all they can lose. He said it was blast last week and I told him we could host it as soon as the basement is finished. Not too sure I like the gambling aspect but we have been playing cards including poker and tripoly with the kids for years so Justin is quite good at it.

That's the update for now.

>

No comments: