Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Flood Number #2

Flood number 2 happened Monday night. Not near as bad as the other time but they are predicting rain all weekend long. I was up till past midnight trying to shop vac the water up but it didn't matter. I couldn't stop the water from coming in because we can't really see where it is coming from. Bob was working so my dad and I shop vac'ed and used the push broom to get the water to go down the drain but it was no use. The carpet got wet again, so did the laminate flooring in the bedroom and the dry wall etc. Basically all the flooring is ruined. A water proofing company wants over $4000 to put in a sump pump system in which they tear up the dry wall, jackhammer the foundation around the enitre basement and generally make a complete mess. But they do guarantee that we will never have water again.

For now this seems like our only option, FEMA is not granting funds to St.Louis County, Insurance doesn't cover it so we are out of options.

This is the last time I am going to post about this as it makes me so upset to even think about. I may eventually post some pics of the flood but for now keep us in your thoughts as we try to clean up and do what's best for our family!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Al, I am so sorry! This is not an exciting way to move into a new house. I can't believe they didn't tell you that this was an issue! Good luck with getting this all fixed. I hope to see you soon! Jacki