Monday, December 18, 2006

Christmas Blues

I really don't feel like it's Christmas. I have been so busy with the kids' activities and Adam's birthday (which is today) and my school work that I am very stressed about Christmas. The kids seem to want everything and nothing all at the same time. I am still not finished and have a class tomorrow night, and a work Christmas party on Wednesday night. I am off on thursday but my kids aren't so that will be my day to finish shopping, wrap everything, finish those last few Christmas cards and decide what everyone will wear on Christmas and CHristmas eve.

We just finished decorating our tree on Saturday that's how far behind I am.

I kow in my last post, I was bragging about how caught up I am at school but in a week where all the kids have been sick with strep and Bob has worked day and night, I am exhausted and now behind with school stuff also. But still I have time to blog.... don't know how that works except I have a rare few minutes to myself at school because there is a dance this afternoon that I don't have to go to so I am blogging after I graded a stack of papers.

I think I really need to get back to church. I have been reluctant to go to another church because of the hypocrisy I felt at Hope over the last year or so I was there. I need to focus on the main reason for the season and stop letting all the commercialization get me down.

I hope your pre- Christmas hype is less stressful than mine!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mom I justin know what ur doing on thursday

akk said...

Congrats on being done with school for a couple of weeks! Enjoy! BTW, it's quite a drive, but we always found St. John in Ellisville well worth it (especially Warehouse).