Sunday, March 29, 2009

DC in pictures


My beloved family making history!







The Lincoln Memorial was truly awe-inspiring. Standing at the exact spot where Martin Luther King said his immortal words "I have a dream" and looking out at the National Mall and the Washington Monument was so historical to me that I can hardly put it into words. This was what I came Washington to see...



Visiting the Iwo Jima Memorial... this was something Bob always wanted to do. What a breathtaking monument.


There is so much more to come...

2 comments:

Amy said...

Great pictures! It looks like you guys had great weather too.

jenn.knorr said...

Isn't the National Mall amazing? A lot of walking, but amazing. I remember the first time I saw all of the monuments. I was definitely not disappointed. Unlike so many other things in this world, they are way more impressive and meaningful up close and personal than they are in pictures. Looks like you had a great time!