Thursday, March 06, 2008

TOO MUCH SNOW

Well we have had two more snow days. That makes a total of 4.5 snow days. There were record snows in St. Louis on Tuesday. It was crazy to see 10 inches of snow fall in 4-5 hours time.

I have to admit though that I am SICK of it. I mean, yes as a teacher, I usually LOVE snow days but this is getting ridiculous. We will have to go to school forever at this rate. Justin, Hannah, and Adam's school sent out an email that said that school will not be out until June 10th. That's 6 days longer than the old ending date of June 4th. We were planning a vacation that week which is the week before I would start teaching summer school. Not sure what SLPS will do about all the snow days. Hopefully they will take professional development days away. Because I mean really, honestly, teahers don't really do anything productive on those PD days or teacher workshop days. Don't let us fool you non-teachers into thinking we are hard at work on those days. WRONG>> it's really just a much needed break from students. However, I would rather give up those days now and still get out of school on May 30.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments: