Friday, February 08, 2008

Terrible Tragedy

Those of you living in St. Louis have surely heard about the tragedy that unfolded last night in Kirkwood. Two police officers and three Kirkwood city council members were killed, two others including the mayor were injured when a gunmen opened fire at a Zoning meeting.

This really hit close to home for me as the wife of a Crestwood police officer which is Kirkwood's closet municipality. Needless to say I was glued to my tv all night and getting updates from Bob who arrived late because he was downtown with me at the school board meeting where I got the award for the slogan. Bob reported horrors too graphic for this blog but he and all of the St. Louis law enforcement community are taking this really hard.

I had a hard time calming the fears of my kids who where really nervous about their father's line of work.

Please pray for the families of the victims as they struggle to get through their grief.

Life is too short to hold grudges, worry about impossibilities, or keep blaming people for past mistakes. I am trying to find something postive in light of this tragedy and I hope it will come in a renewal in faith of God, family and friends.

No comments: