Tuesday, September 04, 2007

What's wrong with SLPS?

So many people in the St. Louis area are asking what is wrong with SLPS that they lost their district accreditation, that the test scores are so low, that the kids are so misbehaved etc. Well here is one reason...

Last week, there was a sub for the 6th grade class. So after recess when students are picked up on the playground the sub was late or maybe didn't know he was to pick up the kids, I'm not sure. But our PE and art teacher were on recess duty. As I came to pick up my class, the PE techer says to the art teacher (who is new) "come on we can go in now", even thought he 6th graders were all standing there without their teacher. So I waited a few minutes thinking the guy would come but he didn't I then walked my students to the cafeteria door and told them to wait while I went in. Right inside the cafeteria that leads to the playground are the PE and art teacher and I say to them, "no one has come down for 6th grade, they have a sub who might not realize he is to pick them up." So the art teacher goes okay and starts walking out and the PE teacher goes wait a minute and then she looks at me and goes and "that's my problem why?" So I said "well there are 30 kids outside unsupervised'" and she says "and I care about that because??"

AND people ask what's wrong with SLPS!!!!

Oh I have many more where that came from and it is only the third week of school!

2 comments:

akk said...

sadly, i can picture this happening. i just don't get some people. . .

akk said...

anything, home or school-wise, new happening????