Wednesday, August 15, 2007

For the Best

The title to this entry states it pretty clearly, the latest turn of events with my job situation is that I am now going to be teaching k-3 resource. I got my special ed. certification over the summer but didn't know if there would be any openings for that in my building. Well it turns out there was one and yesterday I got the position. I am hoping it is for the best as I was quite worried about teaching 7th grade again with the extremely rowdy class that was coming in. Now, though, I am pretty excited about getting to work with the little ones. I moved classrooms from my large, bright room to the small sort of dingy office next door but I cleaned it out and moved in my own stuff and it is starting to shape up. I am hoping that this move will allow me to stay all year at Monroe and not be displaced in October which may have happened if our enrollment went down too low and we did not need 2 7th grade teachers anymore. So although I was looking forward to finally having a Smart Board in my room and 12 student computers to use, this will be a welcome change.


On a more personal note, my mother in law is in intensive care in critical condition. I am waiting right now to here word from Bob on how she is doing so if you read this say a little prayer for Barbara Nixon, she has been in very poor health for a long time.

1 comment:

akk said...

How's it going with the new position?