Friday, May 18, 2007

Turn of Events

Well my leave has had a major upheaval of late, I am being displaced from my job. I'm not fired or let go but they are transferring me to a different school. It is really upsetting because I have made a lot of friends here and I don't want to leave them plus I want to continue my emints training and I may be going to a school that doesn't offer emints. It is also very troubling because I had an opportunity to transfer to a different school next year in April but I turned it down thinking I wanted to stay where somewhere that I knew the principal and the teachers. Now it looks like I will be in a very undesireable location. Plus our district is in such major turmoil that this all may change again before it's all said and done. I started thinking that I must have done something bad to have deserved such a fate but I know that it isn't only me, it is also two other teachers in my building plus a couple hundred across the district. I guess that I have to put my faith in the fact that God has a plan for me and he will lead me to where I will need to go, it just feels so stressful to have no control over this situation. I will keep you posted.

2 comments:

akk said...

How completely awful. Just another reason I think I prefer teaching in private over public, none of that kind of district crazyness. (Just much less pay!) Were the other teachers ones I would know?? Keep me up to date!

Alison said...

One of the others is Monica Indihar, the other one is someone new ot our building this year. Elise is safe for now because no reading first teachers were displaced.