Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Thanksgiving 2

On Sunday, we went to my parent's house with my brother and his family and my two aunts, Sandy and Debbie. Mom made a fantastic meal of turkey and her orignal dressing plus a cornbread sausage dressing, green bean casserole, cauliflower with cheese sauce, sweet potatoes, etc. It was sooooooo good, I stuffed myself. Then she had a pumpkin cheesecake for dessert that was yummy.
It was a great evening all around. We don't see Aunt Sandy and Debbie that often and it was nice to see my mom's two sisters on Thanksgiving.

Monday I took a personal day off work because the rest of the family was off and we hung Christmas lights, did some shopping, ate at a new deli down the street and the kids went and saw Flushed Away with grandma and grandpa Nixon. It was nice to run errands and get some Christmas shopping done on a day when everyone was at work. I really miss my old Fatted Calf days when I got a day off during the week, having to do everything on the weekend is so much more crowded.

Anyway, the holiday has been perfect and I am looking forward to Chritsmas mostly because it means a new year is coming and I am always hopefull that it will be a better one than we just had.

3 comments:

akk said...

I didn't realize that you were a blogger yourself! Yea! Sounds like you had a pretty busy Thanksgiving. Tell the kids hi from me!

Alison said...

I just starting blogging, check out my other blog for my class.

akk said...

checked it out - looks good